I’ve always been a little timid about N-plying (or Navajo or chain, depending on who you are and which term you like). I’ve done it before, but generally tend to over ply. So I practiced with the last of the Gale’s Art SSK I had left over.
Turned out really well, so I dove into my Blackberry Loop! batt. 488 yards later, and I’ll never fear N-plying again.
I guess spinning something called Blackberry gave me cravings, because this is what we enjoyed New Years day.
Came out a little “juicy” but was really good.
A close-up of the yarn.
That’s pre-bath, it’s even more even and yummy now. Heavy fingering weight, and I’m thinking it will be perfect for one of Romi Hill’s small shawl patterns.
On the knitting front, I’ve been working on my Maaema as part of my effort to work through UFOs. The pattern calls for 26 repeats of the lace. I’m on 25 and think I’ll keep going until I run out of yarn. I’ll just like the finished product better.
You couldn’t really tell from the hank, but as you can sort of see there’s quite a bit of variation in the color saturation. I absolutely love it.
And I’ve been working on the Coyote Trail. Simple knitting, but just enough going on to keep things interesting. I really like how the two colors are working together.
That curved edge at the top of the photo is actually the top of the shawl, but they never lay right on the needles so to see the end shape you just have to wait until it’s done.
Not sure what’s going on the wheel next. I’ve got two more Loop! batts that are colors for the Nov/Dec/Jan SAL, but I might have a hard time finishing them by the end of the month. The Knit Girllls SAL on the Fiber Optic gradient is going on, but I’ve got two months to get it done. Guess I need to decide soon, since the wheel is empty right now.